Factory Order vs. Buying Off The Lot: Which Is Right For You?
If you’re on the market for a new vehicle in the Cincinnati area, but can’t seem to find what you’re looking for, you might have considered at one point placing a factory order. Ordering a car vs. buying off the lot certainly has its own perks, but it may not be for you depending on your situation. To help you determine whether a factory order vs. buying off the lot is better for you, Joe Morgan Honda reviews the pros and cons of each in the following guide.
Ordering a Car: The Pros
- You get to customize your car with what you want. Ordering from the factory gives you the opportunity to customize your car to your own liking. You get to select the model, the engine type, choose the exterior and interior colors you like, and add on any upgrades ahead of time. Pretty much, you call the shots on everything, and a custom order allows you to get exactly what you want.
- Seeing your digitized car come into existence is exciting. Have you ever designed a shirt, or anything else online, and were absolutely exhilarated when it finally came in the mail? Finally receiving your customized car is that same feeling, but amplified 1000x. It’s a great feeling to finally see your own design that was once only a digital rendering blossom into something tangible–something uniquely yours.
- You could get a deal. Dealerships pay for the extra cars that sit on their lot, whereas your custom-made car will be leaving the lot as soon as it arrives from the factory for you to pick up.
Ordering a Car: The Cons
- It can take a long time. Ordering a car can take months. If you’re someone who needs a new car as soon as possible for your work commutes to Middletown or wherever else, ordering a car vs. buying off the lot might not be your best bet, and you’d benefit more from buying a car that’s already on the lot.
- You can lose out on cash for your trade-in. If you’re planning on trading-in your car for your custom-ordered car, your current car’s value could diminish while you’re waiting for your new car to arrive.
- You may not get all the features you want. Sometimes, there is a disconnect between what is listed on a manufacturer’s website and what features are actually available for your car. Certain parts for your custom vehicle may become unavailable due to supply chain issues.
Buying Off The Lot: The Pros
- You get what you see. The great thing about buying off the lot vs. a factory order is that you don’t have to worry about receiving a car that winds up not being what you anticipated. You get the opportunity to inspect it, see if it’s what you like, and if not? You can just look around elsewhere in Lebanon.
- You don’t have to wait. If you need a car as soon as possible, buying off the lot is the obvious way to go, as factory orders can take a long time.
- You’re more likely to get deals. Car dealerships like Joe Morgan Honda frequently have new vehicle specials to save, and while some dealerships may discount you for a factory order, you’re more likely to find deals for cars already present on the lot.
Buying Off The Lot: The Cons
- You won’t get everything you want (sad). If you absolutely need your car in your favorite color or won’t accept any other car without a V6 engine, then you’re better off with a factory order vs. buying off the lot.
- You can’t “cancel” your purchase. Once you buy a car off the lot, the deal is done and sealed, whereas with a factory order, you can cancel an order if it’s not too far along.
Buy or Order Your Car From Joe Morgan Honda!
If you’re still unsure about ordering a car vs. buying off the lot, the team at Joe Morgan Honda is here to help weigh your options. We want you to drive off our lot in your best fit-vehicle, whether you decide to go with configuring your own vehicle or buying a new vehicle that’s already present on our lot. Stop on by Joe Morgan Honda in Monroe to weigh your options today!
More from Joe Morgan Honda
Are you looking for a new SUV to drive through Cincinnati? Honda has the perfect vehicle for you! The 2023 Honda Passport has a variety of models so you can pick the best one for your Middletown lifestyle. You’ll get an idea of what the price and features are for this vehicle so you…
If you’re looking for a true sedan that you can count on for years to come for your Middletown and Cincinnati drives, then you’re sure to love everything offered in the new 2023 Honda Accord interior. With enhanced comfort and connectivity along with more cabin space to make everyday errands and extended trips a breeze,…
Year after year, Cincinnati drivers turn to the Honda CR-V for its perfect balance of style and performance. And while there’s plenty to say about the dazzling redesign, the 2023 Honda CR-V interior is truly something special. Take a closer look at the CR-V dimensions, features, and more with the team at Joe Morgan Honda. And after…